Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Monday 30 May 2011

Dreams To Reality...The Final Stretch

Regrets, I've had a few...but then again, too few to mention...
I did, what I had to do...and saw it through...without exemption
I planned...each chartered course...each careful step...on the byway

One day soon, very soon, I hope to finish those lines, I hope to live a wish I've had for nearly three years now, to capture a goal set all those winters ago, in the depths of complacency, the worst nights I've ever experienced, I hope to do myself, my friends, and most of all my parents proud...while the journey is complete, the finish line remains yet unclear...soon, two weeks from now, I will know my future

To capture my feelings and accurately translate them is nearly impossible...to put into context what this next two weeks will mean and do to me is beyond my capabilities...just be sure of this, the passion contained is something I have never in my life experienced.

Nottingham Trent...you have been my dream for so many years, each night I went to sleep praying I'd walk through your doors as one of your own, I'd consider myself a success, but I let everyone down, you turned me away, I didn't deserve it...it hurt, it broke me, but I carried on...striving to one day be worth your attention once more. The day you rang me back after so many attempts, letting me know the door was not shut on my dreams, you relit the fire i...we...have never seen burn so bright. Each night I fought to get back, to do what I had to do...it's been a tough road, but every step I've conquered, I can see the door now, it's not open yet, but the keys are waiting...it's just my turn to grasp them. To make the most of a situation seldom granted once...let alone twice. I won't turn this chance down, I've given my all, I've thrown my heart at soul to the task...I just hope it's been enough.

A month from now, I have an image, sitting in tantra, friends surrounding me...drinks aplenty, smiles amongst smiles...and I will perform an act I've wished since I was oh so small, people might not like it, but it's something I've held close to my heart since many moons ago...a song, one simple song, to unleash the passion and soul that has been fighting for all this time...I will be crying when I finish, but it will be tears of triumph, tears of joy...only once have I shed tears of that kind before, and I hope it's understood why....this university is the door to a far better future than most others could provide...I want it, I've searched for it, fought for it, and dammit it's almost mine...and for once, not gifted...deserved

Anyone reading this must understand the passion and love behind it, otherwise you need to get to know me better...my life is on a self imposed edge, I just pray it's been enough, for that moment I can sit amongst friends and family and say those five sacred words...

I did it....well, you'll have to wait and see the rest

No comments:

Post a Comment