Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Sunday 6 March 2011

A Journey Not Faced Alone

Many days ago, in the depths of 2008...I had a vision, it was a strange one filled with hope, promise and expectation...it was one to shape the lives of those that believed in it, and influence those around it...and while the route has been met with difficulty along the way, struggles and challenges alike...it only makes the heart grow fonder.

To become successful at a game I'd spent almost my entire life playing was ambitious, but hardly out of reach...to experience each final table knowing it continued me on the path I needed to be, each win pointing out this was more than mere fantasy...I would love to experience that mix of emotions again...and while a little rusty, I expect the return to the heights being quick in time, and thrilling along the way

My return didn't last long, the mistakes were those of someone not playing live for a while...obvious, but at the same time correctable. What matters is the feeling that I had that day. A feeling of elation, I'd served my time reluctantly, but it just relit the passion and the fire within...it burns bright, a beacon in the night sky to guide along the same path I was pulled off six months ago.

And that's where I make a new pledge, but it's one I cannot do alone...I ask all of you, regardless of background and past opinions. To join me on this journey...it may be long, it may have bumps along the way...but I assure you, the feeling along the way will not be rivalled by anything....the end goal without equal...I will promise to see all those along this road well...one wins, we all win...

A journey not faced alone is a good one, the support channeled through makes one feel invincible...for that one moment in life, with friends, family and well-wishers by the side, where we say we Have. No. Equal

No comments:

Post a Comment