Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Thursday 19 August 2010

Second Chance No...Since When Did You Get A Third?!

This is me writing quite suprised to be honest. My fears were justified as i was two grades down on what i needed (it worked out that i was only 20 points down off getting what i needed, which worked out to be 10 marks...ten marks out of a combined total of about 800 hurts but still). As a result both my main choice and my insurance choice went for a fail, but silver linings do exist...sometimes in places most wouldnt expect.

True business is the route id love to go down, but that doesnt seem to work (Derby gave me the offer of business but it was on a waiting list, and i seriously dont want to risk that going wrong) but then they threw me a lifeline...a third chance if you will, Marketing...its a field i know almost nothing about, but it apparently has the option of adding additional modules in the second and third years, those could very easily be business related and as such put me back on track.

Now if im honest i didnt even consider marketing, journalism politics and other parts of business was what i got stuck in my mind, lord knows even being a DJ was in my mind before this...but then it occured to me that marketing has its uses in business far more than most other ideas i had.

I keep being told that i shouldnt jump into choices, and yes i aggree this is a big choice to make as it takes up the next three years of my life and leaves me tens of thousands in debt...but i know myself that to hesitate in clearing is a bad idea, as the choices keep vanishing every waking moment...considering that the entire thing only lasts three weeks and they have to get through probably a million students, i consider myself fairly lucky that i got an offer on my first call, to a university near enough to dodge accomodation costs, yet far enough away to avoid the parents for most of the days...in a course that isnt exactly close but isnt a million miles away from where i wanted to be anyway...its rushing yes and i know thats a bad idea, but its a sure fire chance and i dont want to hesistate and realise its gone...that would be devestating because i know myself that id just give up. Something i really dont want to do.

So in the end today's been quite good, its not perfect in anyway, lord knows if it was id still be in trent and id still be doing international business...but its still uni, its only 10 miles away from my target, and the course still branches under the same title...surely life cant be that bad because of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment