Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Saturday 11 September 2010

All Journeys Start Close To Home

I write this being forced on a new path, with more determination than ever before to reach my dreams, not only to prove to myself...not only to prove people wrong...but also to stick it in the face of those that get in my way and try to halt the dreams laid before me

People who know me realise how big of a passion poker is...I spent most of my life playing the game, and some years from what I described as "natural progression" into live tournaments...and for eleven months and three weeks it was going smoothly, until people within the heart of the industry trying to stop me

I furthered my tuition by becoming a dealer in-between college and university...it was an interesting experience but has proved to be my biggest hurdle to date...I ended up calling in sick on my last week, upsetting for me because I've never been off work before, and clearly frustrating for my ex bosses as they decided to ban me from the club for six entire months...that's half the total career I've had to date gone, off the back of one person

Now make no mistake I love the place...it was and still is the sole reason i fell in total love with this game...it helped me progress to having an A game capable of rivaling most veterans...but in less than an hour they destroyed my dreams...slashing the amount of play I get to almost nothing, it hurt...it tore me to pieces, the very place that gave me a glimpse of my future stole it away over nothing more than a technicality

I know full well this move was made by one person alone...no higher management got involved in the idea...his reaction was one of joy, joy at another persons despair...it's a face I've spent my life watching through other eyes, in other times...it's a face I've spent my life trying to erase

Now my future has been changed to a different route...the route that brought me to the beautiful game to start with...online. I know in my heart of hearts this will be a new challenge in the same game...but it is going to be met with determination unlike any I have mustered before...nobody will knock down my dreams...nobody

This is a changing time, with many possibilities...but my eyes only see my end dream, even if I'm taking a detour, online into live rather than straight live. It's true that all journeys start close to home...no route is identical...but the final goal remains all the same

No comments:

Post a Comment