Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Friday 10 February 2012

Looking Ahead

It's two words I use an awful lot. Looking ahead. It's something I do quite alot, planning ahead has always given me stability, always given me time to prepare, to focus on the good, eliminating the bad. And from the look of things it needs to be back in my life. I won't give cryptic clue in this blog, nor will I beat about the bush either.

Friends, family and backers alike. Read this and read it well.

I'm taking march off...now don't get me wrong ill likely play a few events but it'll be entirely off my own back. I've looked ahead to realise that so much more matters than just small events to pass the time, extending a small yet flourishing record is all well and good, but there's no big hit, no major score. I've come second, but in a series few people actually pay attention to. That stops now.

On April 19th the UKIPT Nottingham kicks off. And I will be there.
The buyin may be £770 (five times larger than I've ever played. But I will be there.

I'm taking march off to revise, to focus my mind on the largest event I'll have ever played...regardless of the amount of backing I get I will put up every penny I don't manage to get. I'll buy books, take notes, talk to close friends both in and out of the poker circles. I'll work on my discipline, my drive is already there but I'll focus on harnessing it. I'll create new contacts, forge new allies.

I will walk into that Thursday as a man totally prepared for the task that lays ahead, focused and committed to bring home every drop of potential I have. Ready to take the world by storm unlike anything else.

This event has international implications: I'll be ready
This event is the longest I've ever entered: I'll be ready
This event has the most pros assembled all year: I'll be ready
This event will have sponsors looking for the next thing: I'll be ready
This event has a six digit first prize: I'll be ready

This event has me: I'll be ready


For anyone in doubt of how seriously committed I am about this I suggest you read again. This event is the biggest shot at forging a future in this game...I've spent 15 years, three quarters of my life, getting to this stage. It's not enough. I want more...

So to my backers, while your numbers have dwindled, get yourself in on this, I've got everything on my sleeve for this so it won't go to waste
So to my family, you might not approve of what I'm about to do but it won't change, so long as I have some support, that's all that counts
So to my friends, be there if you can...as a backer or just for support, I need to rally everyone I know for this...I promise by all I hold it will be worth it in the end...

I'm looking ahead to a brighter future, to a better me...and while it might take the next days and weeks to get there, it will happen...

Just wait, look ahead...see what I plan to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment